Economist Dr. Heiwai Tang from HKU discusses the Hong Kong stimulus package and whether the government should start reopening the economy now that new cases are dropping.
Hong Kong’s economy is contracting for the first time since the 2009 financial crisis. We talk to economist Dr. Heiwai Tang from HKU about how the Hong Kong government can support small businesses and low income citizens during COVID19… and is it time for Hong Kong to start reopening the economy now that new cases are dropping?
Professor Heiwai Tang, Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong
Further Listening and Reading:
- Producer and Host: Marcy Trent Long
- Associate producer: Crystal Wu
- Contributing Editor: Bonnie Au
- Intro/outro music: Alex Mauboussin
- Music from free music archive