Jockey Club SMART Family-Link Project, funded by Hong Kong Jockey Club and under the School of Public Health at the University of Hong Kong, has been providing tips to the fight against COVID-19 to the public through Facebook page and website.
Through cross-sectoral collaboration between NGOs and academia, the Project aims to:
- Minimize administrative work, release more resources for preventive programmes and enable data-driven service delivery in IFSCs;
- Improve access, broaden the reach to family services, reduce stigmatisation by leveraging ICT and adopting a positive approach to strengthen family functioning, facilitate identification and intervention for families in need;
- Build capacity of frontline workers in family services through an e-platform and knowledge transfer initiatives to facilitate efficient sharing, flexible learning and easy co-creation;
- Capitalise on big data analytics for better service planning and in identifying trends, predicting needs and evaluating service effectiveness; and
- Raise public awareness of family well-being.
The Project is led by Prof. Lam Tai-Hing, Chair of Community Medicine, School of Public Health, LKS Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hong Kong.