A story about how our human behaviour during COVID19 …is affecting ocean wildlife. Luxury seafood tourism in Hong Kong and China has halted under lockdown. While good for endangered reef fish in Indonesia in the short-term, we may be losing a leading sustainable fishing company for the long-term. Dr. Yvonne Sadovy of HKU tells the story.
Dr. Yvonne Sadovy, honorary professor of Biology, The University of Hong Kong
Further Listening and Reading:
- Fight COVID19 with HKU website
- RTHK TV Series Fishy Business Ep2: Where do our Fish Come From?
- Sustainable Asia Season 3: Trade in Endangered Marine Species
- Yvonne Sadovy Live Fish Trade Research I
- Yvonne Sadovy Live Fish Trade Research II
- Yvonne Sadovy Live Fish Trade Research III